Four mobile best practices:
- Build ads in HTML5 to ensure they show up on every device, and provide an engaging and interactive user experience.
- Design ads with device in mind:
- Use appropriate interaction modes for your ads (touch, tilt, shake for mobile devices vs. mouse click for desktop.)
- Incorporate location-based information for mobile devices based on GPS data.
- Take advantage of call or texting functionality on phones as a way to drive engagement from your ads.
- Design for both mobile web and mobile applications: Successful ad formats take different shapes for mobile web placements vs. in-app placements.
- There are customizable in-app formats available on the gallery to help you get started with these builds.
- Are you a publisher, and want to confirm that DoubleClick in-app formats will render properly on your app? Get certified today
- Keep broadband speeds in mind when using mobile video: Broadband and wifi speeds differ drastically based on the location and device that a person is using. Make sure that your mobile video ads have multiple video file sizes, and serve smaller files sizes to slower connections, so that the videos don't have to buffer.